Daily Deals

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I am still learning.....

I have a lot to learn about herbs and what they can do. I have had such a wonderful time reading and trying new things! I have read a few books and have done a ton of research online. I have purchased some herbs to try things with and I am growing a few myself.

You may wonder why I chose to call this blog "Eden's Herbs"....the reason I chose this name is because I am curious about the herbs that our sister Eve might have learned to use in the Garden of Eden. She did not have "modern" medicine, a medical doctor or a Walgreen's on the corner; she must have had to make her own medicines.

As I write this I am drinking an herbal tea called the Blues Brew; it is for when you are feeling emotionally down. After I have a baby I tend to have problems with feeling depressed, I didn't want to be drugged by some doctor and have to pop a pill everyday so that "Mama could feel like herself again"; so I went to one of my friends that I knew I could trust to give me good advice. She told me about using essential oils to help with postpartum depression. After doing some online research I found a couple of bulk herb stores that sold the oils as well. Afterall essential oils are the oils that are removed from the plants(herbs) so I thought I would give them both a try. I purchased an oil and some herbs; after about a week I could tell a huge difference in myself. I had more energy and I felt like I was in a better "mood". That is when I decided to try a few other things. I won't talk about all of them now...otherwise I won't have anything to write about in my other posts! :)

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey and please feel free to place comments or question below.

If you are interested in looking around at some herbs you can check out the website to the right or go to http://www.morethanalive.com/?a_aid=c7ec173f .

8XQMDUJJRWCH

No comments:

Post a Comment